June 30, 2020
What a challenging few months we all have been through! I hope this finds you and your family in good health!
While many things have changed over the past few months, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health. As we navigate life with additional requirements due to the coronavirus, please help me as I reopen my business, by cooperating with some new requirements set by the State of Rhode Island and their reopening guidelines for Massage Therapists.
You will see changes when it is time for your next appointment, for example:
• I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information, and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
• When you arrive at the office, I’ll ask that you wait in your vehicle, and call or text me to let me know you have arrived. This ensures that we don’t have too many people in the office area at one time.
• I will greet you at the door and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
• I’ll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Please note that I can not massage you if you have any symptoms of any type of illness.
• The State of Rhode Island requires you to wear a face mask while you are in the building, and during your massage. If you do not have one, let me know, as I have cloth face masks for sale.
• I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive massage from this practitioner.”
• There is a hand-hygiene station that I will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer throughout the office area for you to use as needed.
I will be reducing how many clients I see daily due to the extensive cleaning and disinfecting protocol that is required between each client. I also will be implementing a covid rate increase to offset the extra expenses required to maintain the heightened standards for my profession.
I am happy to answer any questions you may have about my reopening, and the measures I am taking place to protect you, my clients, and myself. If you would like to make an appointment, please call or text me at 401.743.1001. I plan on reopening after the 4th of July, 2020.
I look forward to reconnecting with you, and wish you continued good health,
Linda J. Wheeler, LMT
RI License #MT00731